Purple lace Watson, guest appearance by hipsters



It turns out, bra making is much like getting addicted on drugs. At least in my case. If you by any chance follow me on Instagram then you may have noticed that there was a "another day, another Watson" kind of situation. I just couldn't get enough. 

My elastic application has gotten pretty damn good. I sew it closer to the picot edge each time and I think I have figured out the proper tensions for cup, under arm and bottom elastic that work the best on my body.



It's the second ever Watson I've made. The cups are fully lined with black mesh because I know the serged cup seam would have started bothering me.


I sandwiched the clear elastic between the lining and tha lace at the front edge of the cup. The seam that joins cups and cradle is covered with underwire channeling. I totes stole that idea from a RTW bralet I have. The channeling crates sort of a flexible underwire, cupping thy boobs without that annoying metal. 
I also made an effort by switching threads as needed. So all of my elastic is sewn with black thread in the bobbin. Makes it look wee bit more professional. 

And you can not have a cute bra without matching panties right?


It's MakeBra free hipsters. I've tried to sew them once before, so I may have made some changes to the pattern already. Sadly the mesh I made them in had not enough stretch to fit me. Whats even sadder, I discovered it once they were done. Yup, I got so carried away that I forgot to measure and fit! 


Ehh, stuff happens! Better luck next time sewing panties.

But I have to addmit, this bra, once finished, made me feel so much pride. I simply stared for it days! It could easily be the prettiest thing I've sewn in a while. 

PS! Bra making is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment