Morgan Jeans

Disclaimer: I was given this pattern for free as a "thank you" for testing it

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns

What: Morgan Jeans by Closet Case Patterns
Size cut: 8
Alterations made to the pattern: slimming the inner back leg a bit
Materials used: lightweight 100% cotton denim, cotton shirting for pocketing and lining back yokes, 4 denim buttons


Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns

This fabric was once again bought from Abakhan Fabrics and found in "buy by the kilo" bin. It's super lightweight. It might very well be meant for shirts. The distressing you can see on the above photo was already on the fabric, I just tried to put it into a good use. So I cut front and back legs in two pieces, adding a vertical seam.

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns

I used a light gray thread for sewing and topstitching. I rather like the non visible topstitching. Plus no one can tell if I screwed it up or not ;)

I think the fit is spot on! It's slim in the right places and slouchy in the right places. And it has this 90' feel that brings back some teenage memories... I am pretty damn sure there will be many Morgan Jeans in my future. After all I did sew 7 pairs of Gingers...


The sweatshirt I am wearing is also hand made. It's design No8 from Ottobre Woman A/W 2015. The fabric was a mystery knit from Abakhan. I could have easily gone down a size on this one, since the fabric is super stretchy... but I was lazy. And I don't mind slouchy at all. This sweatshirt is the most softest warmest thing ever! It's like... your mamas hug! You just have to trust my word on it...


No comments:

Post a Comment