FPFW

Back in October of 2015, I wrote a post about trying to consume less clothes. You can read it HERE. I conducted a small experiment on my self and the results were kinda obvious actually. I can get buy with just those items on that list AND even muster up a date-night worthy outfit.


from here on known as FPFW.

What's that?
The idea is to (buy) make only 5 pieces per season to add into your basic wardrobe. There is only two seasons in fashion (if we do not count the pre-season collections) it sums up to 10 items a year. (Or you know 20 if that sounds better)

Why?
Not to waist time making clothes you will possibly never wear. This should also give you the opportunity to buy more expensive/higher quality fabrics and notions. You will also have more time to concentrate on a piece and get the fit and handy work quality perfect. 

Rules of FPFW:

  1. Fabric and quality is more important than quantity.
  2. Basics don't count.
  3. Accessories don't count, unless they are pricier than usual.
  4. Socks and underthings don't count.
  5. SHOES DO COUNT!



So

My point is, I will give it a try, or at least I will try to try.

The PLAN
  • Clean out my closet, enlisting help. I've done it once before using the help of my boyfriend. He was indeed very helpful and dreadfully honest.
  • Selling as much of my "rejects" as I can, thus making some pennies to buy fabric.
  • Make sure I have seasonal basics. I live in country with 2,5 season. We used to have 4, but you know climate warming and all...
  • Less impulse sewing
  • More sewing stuff I REALLY like, need and wear.
Between a rock and a hard place
Do go trough all of what was mentioned above one, would need a strong a steady mind. I'm kinda not at all like that. I've been told that yoga is more about the art of concentration than bendiness.   
Maybe this will be my yoga? LOL!

One would also need a clear image of hers/his personal style. But I am more all over the place than true to one style. I did take an online free style quiz one time...the result was that I AM A TOMBOY. That's actually how I see myself... but then why I am so drawn to all the flowery flowy flared boho clothes? Maybe I should meditate on that...

And lastly, those rules are so damn LOOSE! Everything can be your wardrobe basic if you say so, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment